So we’ve definitely waved our sad goodbye to summer and are well on our way into the deep depths of winter. But do not fear, there is loads enjoy about autumn before Christmas spirit takes over and we spend our days wishing for snow! These are five of my top autumn essentials to guide you through this season!
1) It's a bit of a cliché but who doesn't love the infamous Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (or PSL to its fans)?! These cups of deliciousness are limited edition so unfortunately there isn't long to satsify your craving, but there's an answer for those of you who just can't bear to be without that spicy pumpkin flavour... Bluebird Tea Co.'s Spiced Pumpkin Pie chai tea! Now you can get a fix from the comfort of your own home. Who would have thought that vegetables in a hot drink could taste so good?
2) Now banish any association you have of the word hand cream with your mum, who wants horrible dry hands for the next 6 months while we battle the winter weather?! Not me, so I’m going to be piling this on at every opportunity to protect my hands from the cold and repair any damage from it. This smells incredible too which is always a plus and even better it's made from totally organic honey- yum!
3) Autumn is probably the easiest season to dress in as you don’t have to worry too much about staying warm but at the same time you can begin layering up. This ISWAI leather biker jacket is perfect for this time of year for that very reason, it looks great with jeans and boots as well as toughening up a dress and tights look. An absolute autumn staple piece that will see you through to spring, and it's ideal for this transitional weather. A definite favourite of mine!
4) It's an unspoken rule that when it’s dark and cold outside, nothing looks better than a room lit by candles and fairy lights. This rule means that it’s even better if your candle brings that scent of autumn inside to your warm and cosy home! But there are so many other scents associated with autumn other than just your famed pumpkin spice, I love the rich and warming apple scent that this organic soy candle gives off. Delicious!
5) We all know that autumn's weather can be a bit tricky, but fear those rain showers no longer! Stick one of these ISWAI beanies on and not only will you be cosy but it also protects your hair from nightmare frizz, win win! It's available in a whole range of colours to suit your style, and I know that I won't be taking mine off.